A sales kickoff theme embodies the vision of the year ahead. It unifies all the content and offers opportunity for cohesion where chaos or weak messaging could ensue. It directs the energy of the event and your organization for the year ahead, helping to make things memorable.
Finding the perfect theme without picking something gimmicky can be a challenge, though. We want to help. Keep reading for inspiration toward your perfect sales kickoff theme that does not contribute to an event that is just fun — but impactful.
13 QUESTIONS TO UNCOVER YOUR SALES KICKOFF THEME
- What is the one emphasis you want to focus your selling teams around (e.g., to celebrate, motivate, information-share, transform)?
- Is your company in a period of high or low morale?
- How can you reflect on the performance of the past year and build off, or shift, that momentum to the year ahead?
- What adjectives would you use to describe the ideal year ahead?
- What are your company’s pillars or values — and how can this be reflected in your theme?
- What story do you want your theme to tell?
- Who are your sellers, and would your theme land with the entire group across geographies, personalities and other nuances?
- How can your theme graphically tell that story at a glance?
- Is your leadership focused on rolling-out new solutions, expanding into new markets or overcoming competition in the year ahead?
- How can the theme you choose either elevate or limit the sessions and presentations you are planning?
- How are you holding your sales kickoff — virtually, in-person, a hybrid in-between — and will the theme translate well for your format?
- What can differentiate your theme from any other company’s?
- Is your theme creative while also still being clear?
In addition to developing a memorable and impactful sales kickoff theme, there are numerous moving parts to a successful program. For more guidance on sales kickoff planning best practices, download the Mereo Sales Kickoff Planning Playbook today.