As you plan logistics and content for a strategic, impactful sales kickoff, it is equally important to build anticipation, buy-in and buzz around your organization for the event. If you can do this, you will not only have your teams prepared for what lies ahead — but you will also have already infused a strong energy for your sales kickoff right from the get-go.
While there are many tactics for building sales kickoff buzz, we have outlined key elements to consider as you build your internal promotions.
PROMOTE YOUR SALES KICKOFF FOR BETTER ENGAGEMENT
With as much time, investment and potential riding on this program, you never want the date of your sales kickoff to arrive and your team to be taken aback: “Oh yeah, there’s that sales kickoff next week.” Take some extra steps to not just inform your selling professionals about the event to come — but get them excited for it.
- Introduce the theme and own it. The theme you have built should set the tone of the whole event and program. Be sure to keep this prominent and consistent throughout all your communications to start building the energy and expectations early on.
- The countdown is on. This marks a good reason to send continuous update messages to your organization. How long until the big day? In the regular mix of work tasks and life, keep the sales kickoff front-of-mind.
- Share the important things. What do your attendees need to do to prepare for the sales kickoff you have planned? Be sure to communicate more than once these important tasks and insights so no one is surprised and is properly prepared.
- Tease the exciting stuff. Think of ways to showcase the internal celebrities and external keynotes who will be coming just for them, naming names or sticking to a teaser for a later reveal.
- Send reminders. Do this across multiple channels. Not all emails get opened. Not all Slack messages get noticed. Not every intranet headline catches everyone’s eye. Spread your message and reminders across your internal opportunities.
- Engage your leadership and heads of departments. If you can get your leadership and heads of departments buzzing about the sales kickoff event, they will spread their support from the top-down.
MORE SALES KICKOFF BEST PRACTICES
Get expert guidance into sales kickoff planning best practices and frameworks — and set your organization up to win in the year ahead. The Mereo Sales Kickoff Planning Playbook offers a game plan for start to sales kickoff event.