Ariba is a $450 million software-as-a-service (SaaS) company and operating unit of SAP.
LOCATION: Sunyvale, California & Atlanta, Georgia
PUBLIC (NYSE: SAP)
MEREO SERVICES ENGAGED
- Need to transition from antiquated market positioning (spend management) to “Cloud Commerce” on the Network in order to maximize shareholder value and accelerate revenue growth
- Lacked the support required to develop and enable the global sales organization on a new go-to-market platform (subscription-based SaaS), including training new account managers and further developing existing sales talent
- Had no consistency in sales process, which limited the ability to scale globally, to improve productivity and to achieve forecast accuracy
- Acquired by SAP for $4.3 billion (from market capitalization of $718 million three years earlier) after transforming company through the Ariba Commerce Cloud positioning, a corresponding buyer-level messaging framework and sales kit for engaging clients with a consistent, differentiated message
- Ramped revenue growth from 3% YoY to a CAGR of 11% (three-year period) fueled by the enablement of over 225 sellers with the Ariba Commerce Cloud positioning and related sales playbooks
- Instituted a custom sales methodology that was configured in the Sales Force Automation system (Salesforce.com) resulting in greater productivity and higher forecast accuracy
“Mereo’s ability to understand the business that we’re in, the market we’re after and the specifics around selling what we sell – and then tailor the revenue performance blueprint to all those facets has been a game changer for Ariba.”
Schedule a consultation.
Identify your greatest challenges.
Gain the plan to sustainable revenue performance — and the experts who will help you see it through.